As a blogger what you need most is the traffic and as well as readers. Getting your blog exposed is quite a daunting task. Getting traffic to your blog is a sure indicator about is internet popularity. No traffic means no one is reading your thoughts and ramblings of your blog. Since the whole purpose of your blog is that youâ€™re writing are heard in that particular niche you are operating. If your blog is optimized for search engine it can bring quality traffic and readers to your blog, so understanding of SEO is very vital for a blogger.
There are several e-books available online free as well as paid to master yourself how to optimize your site or blog, but not all of them could bring solution to your traffic problem. Picking the right one is key Aaron Wallâ€™s SEO Book is one of the oldest SEO book as well as several todayâ€™s SEO experts where once the readers of this e-book. As you all know Search Engine algorithm changes very often and applying these old techniques wonâ€™t work, but Aaronâ€™s SEO book is updated on a regular basis adding the latest trends going on the SEO industry.
Some of the important SEO techniques a new blogger should implement and follow are:–
1) Keyword rich blog posts â€“ Most of the blogger doesnâ€™t utilize the use of keywords in their blog posts. People finding information through Search Engines use key phrases to find information, that is they type in keyword phrases related to their search .Suppose they are looking for pet food they type in like healthy cat food and if you blog posts title and article doesnâ€™t have that particular keyword phrase then it wonâ€™t appear in the search engine result pages (SERPs) There are several tool out there online for free as well as paid. My favorite keywords tool still is the Google Keyword tool.
2) Submitting to blog directories â€“ One of the major factors in SEO is links and one of the best way to get link to a blog is submitting to directories which will gain some exposure to your blog as well it helps in getting your blog indexed. If you type in Google for blog directories you can get a tons of blog directories both paid and free ones. Search Engine journal has a good list where you need to submit your blog.
3) Install SEO plug-ins â€“ SEO Plug-in is vital success to your blog to get traffic from search engine. Blogging platform allows you to have different plug-ins which makes blog more user friendly. Among those plug-ins are Simple Tags plugin. which allows you to create unique title, description and meta keywords which is great for SEO.
4) Link popularity – As I said above that links are one of the important factor in search engine algorithm, so you need to build link to your blog from external sites which is relevant to your content.Â Interlinking of blog posts is very important too. One of the best strategies to build links to your blog is to write interesting and attractive blog posts which will differently help you get backlinks to your blog. Vanessa Fox from http://www.vanessafoxnude.comÂ has an interesting article about how to build links.
5) Blog often â€“ Blogging on a regular basis is key to success. If you are posting 3 blog posts a week make it consistence. Since Search Engine bots love fresh content and the whole idea about a blog is to creating fresh content. Also SEO is all about content to be successful online you need to produce more interesting and relevant content on a regular basis, so volume blogging a term I use often in my blog is a very important factor in blogging.
Search Engine Optimization is not a difficult task if done properly you blog can get tons of traffic through search engines.