Targeted traffic is key to any affiliate marketing success. Pay Per Click allows you to do that, But several affiliate marketers fail this business model why? There are several factors contributing for your failure. I have created a list of things which you need to follow if you are struggling.
1) Good Cash Flow â€“ If you have limited cash flow you might struggle with your Affiliate PPC campaign. I would recommend having a certain budget just for PPC.
2) Bad Keyword Research â€“ If you keyword research is not done properly you will face problem. Keyword is the foundation for any PPC campaign. Learn how to do keyword research from experts and master yourself.
3) Non Attractive Ads- If you ad copy is not attractive to the visitors, it wonâ€™t get click, you would be loaded with impression but no clicks will hurt your Click through rate.
4) Increase Daily Budget â€“ Have a good amount for your Daily budget depending upon your cost per click, because if you have a small budget for a higher cost per click you wonâ€™t get enough clicks, a healthy PPC campaign should get at least 100-200 clicks per day to sale.
5) Eliminate Negative keywords â€“ negative keywords can ruin your PPC campaign, Identifying negative keywords is a hilarious task, watch your Web stats daily and add the negative keywords which is costing you money.
6) Remove the non converting keywords â€“ If some of your keywords is getting good click through rate (CTR) but no conversion then that is not a good PPC keywords.
7) Multiple landing pages â€“ Donâ€™t have just one landing page create multiple landing pages and see who they are doing? And adopt the one which converts better.
8)Check the visitors bounce rate â€“ going through your web analytics daily will help you to identify how much time each visitor is spending on your site if they are leaving at 0 seconds then you are wasting lot of money.
9)Â Using Position preference â€“ If you have ever check the Google SERPs heat map the maximum clicks you get is at the top 2-3 spot if you PPC ads is not showing up there then you are not getting potential customers. Google Adwords allows you to have a position preference use that.
10) Give some time to your campaign to grow â€“ PPC advertisings is not like sowing seeds today and reaping tomorrow, you need to give some time to grow your campaign for a while at least couple of months.
11)Donâ€™t try too many niches â€“ Most of the time affiliate marketer fail especially newbieâ€™s try to get into different niches. Stick to one niche until you start making profit and create a methodology. Once you are successful you can leverage that same methodology to other niches which you want to start.
12) Change your Ad copy after few weeks â€“ Once your campaign have reach couple of weeks and still struggling tweak your ads little bit may be a small change which can increase you click through rate.
13) Visit Google Adwords blog â€“ Make it as a point to visit Google Adwords blog almost every day, if you have not been there go to http://adwords.blogspot.com. So that you can keep yourself updated on the changes to the Google Adwords system.
14) Pause & resuming your campaign â€“ When you find your campaign is doing bad on certain days most of the affiliate marketers advertisers pause their campaign for few days or weeks which wonâ€™t help you to analysis you campaign. This is not a good strategy to follow.
15) Focus on converting keyword phrases â€“ If you are not focusing on keywords which are converting and getting your sales you will soon leave more money on the table. Widening your most performing keywords and create separate ads groups based on that.
16)Contacting your Affiliate Manager â€“ How many of the affiliate marketers have contacted their affiliate manger in a month. I try to keep in touch with them almost every day for different reason. Contacting affiliate mangers can help you a lot to know about your campaign and understand about the products you are promoting.
17)Placing conversation code on Thank you page â€“ Promoting affiliate products through Pay Per Click is all about tracking and calculation. Tell your affiliate manager to place your conversion code on the merchantâ€™s thank you page.
18)Try the Product yourself â€“ Before you start promoting a merchants affiliate product have you tried it before. Trying the product yourself is a wise thing because it will show how your customers will go through the process. If the website has long checkout process then you will loose money on your campaign.
19)Watch out for other promoters in your niche â€“ Before promoting the product watch out for other promoters in your niche how they are promoting and how long they are promoting, if they are surviving their campaign then they are making money so it is a profitable niche.
20)Try different Pay per click engine â€“ If youâ€™re not having a successful campaign in certain pay per click engine then try different PPC websites. Try Yahoo, MSN, 7Search, MIVA and others.
21)The last and the final one is Determination â€“ If you are determined that you are going to succeed in Affiliate Marketing through PPC then set goals and just focus to achieve that.
I was able to put up these tips after reading some of the most successful affiliate marketers like Amit Mehta from SuperAffiliateMindset.com, Zac Johnson from Zacjohnson.com, Derek Beau from derekbeau.com to name a few.