If you have a website, you need that to convert what ever your conversion goal is right, so understanding what the wants and meeting those expectation on your website should be your first decision when you build a website that converts.Â No wonder people get frustrated when they find no conversion on their website after wracking their brains and mind to find a unique website address and spend thousands of dollars on web development and trying to get compelling content and finally trying to get top ranking and traffic to their site and what nada no sales. Here I have put forth 10 relevant tips to make an impact on your website to make a sale or lead.
1) Understand your visitors what they are looking for when they stumble upon your website. Meeting their expectation when they reach your website should be the first and the fundamental goal while your develop a website. Make the visitors find the product and service they are looking for. Ensure your website format meets expectations like navigation links, web content and goal process.
2) Clear website usability when a visitor comes to your website they have some idea where the links usually on a website like top navigation, left navigation and footer. If you try to alter those common standard navigation techniques you are making the visitor frustrate and make them to leave as fast as they came. It is like how you drive your car on the road and the rules changes in each city that makes the driver frustrate, because they are not used to those kind of rules where they came from. So having a providing a clear navigation standards and other elements on your website is key toÂ improve conversion.
3) Useful Content about the products and services you offer, don’t make the user struggle to find the details necessary to make a purchase or lead. Always try to make few clicks for the users to find the necessary information.
4) Avoid distraction to the user cluttering with graphics can distract the user mind and leave without a purchase. All you gain from a user is few seconds to make them to take a decision so make it right without unwanted offers and confusion to the user. If you are selling a products the page should only contains content and graphics related to that product only. The rest of non related offers or graphics and go to the most non prominent part of the web page.
5) Scan key feature of your products and services through bulleted points and highlight it to the user. As I said on the earlier tip that users are very impatient and don’t want to spend too much time on a website because their are several choices online. So within those few sections make the user to make the purchase. The user have the habit of scanning the main features of a product or service quickly and allow them to drill down to that for more details easily and fast.
7) Don’t make the visitor lost or users location, tell the users where are they on your website by providing appropriate breadcrumbs so that they can navigate back to the pages where they came from. Breadcrumbs is an very important website usability which every website owner should keep in mind when they build their website.
8) Compelling relevant Sales Heading makes the visitors and the search engine bots to know what the page is all about. Also provide the same consistency in your pay per click campaigns as well so that when the users arrives they can find the right message from what the PPC advertisement was talking about which will improve website, conversion.
9) Cut short your conversion process any delay or more steps in your purchase or lead form increases the possibility of site abandonment. Try to reduce the form fields ask only what is mandatory, try to get your checkout process not more than 2 steps. Also create a simple registration form will help returning visitors make the checkout process fast, thus reduce shopping cart abandonment.
10) Testing and adding useful elements can improve your conversion too, Test your website for browser compatibility, ask couple of friends to do a test drive of your website conversion process and ask for their feedback and incorporate those recommendation if you think is useful into your website. Also adding elements like search box for visitors to find products that they can’t find also increases in conversion rate.
Understanding who your site users are and knowing what they are looking and focusing on and also please your website visitors with a good user experience can maximize both your user retention and also you final conversion rate.