In my previous post A landing page guide to Affiliate Marketers, I promised to get into more details about increasing landing page conversion for affiliate marketers. As I outlined in my previous post some of the strategies for landing page optimization. Today in this post I am going to say about the main elements which increase youâ€™re landing page conversion by more than 15%-300% if you test it.
Improving your website conversion is continues process to generate better results from your website visitors. Optimizing your landing page also increases your sales and has a great ROI for each penny spend.
Below are some of the main elements which can increase conversion on the landing page after testing it in different ways according to your requirements.
1) Heading of the page: – Each landing page should be structured with a Heading which is very important since it is the first element each visitors see it, So It should be catch and draw the attention of the visitors The heading should be most relevant to the keyword search by the visitors If it is irrelevant the visitor might leave soon and your bounce rate increases which also affects your Quality Score with Google Adwords programs if you are using that as your PPC marketing effort.
2) Call to Action: – The location of the Call to Action makes a big difference on the landing page if you put up your call to action on the page where it is not prominent then it will reduce your conversion of the landing page, because it doesn’t stand out. Don’t confuse the visitors with too many call to action, I would advice to have more than 2 call to action on a landing age to avoid confusion, it can be a phone or a simple RFQ (lead) form. Use a lot of White space around your call to action to offset or highlight the call to action. You call to action can be an image or text but all it need to be prominent in the eyes of the visitor.
3) Copy of the Landing page: – Content is the key for any sales copy including for your landing page. The content of the landing page should have the ability to transforms words into a sale or a lead conversion. Let your copy of the landing page be more detailed in simple word which a layman can understand, with good amount of whitespace and bulleted point to highlight the benefits and features of your product and services. Copyblogger has a nice blog post about 10 tips for writing a ultimate landing page.
4) Graphics impact on landing pages:- Images create a big impact on your landing page conversion rate. The best method is to portrait an image which is relevant to your products or service offers that you re giving to your customers instead of using non-relevant graphics. Also make it a point to add a caption to your images these powerful words under the images can tempt the visitor to click on the image so make sure that the images are clickable and take to the conversion area such as a signup page or what ever action then visitors want to do for you.
5) Optimize your buttons :- Color and the size of the button matters in your conversion rate, Usually Red or Green convert better with a call to action on the button like click here, download or signup these text on the button is key for a better conversion. Also the location of the button is a very important issue because if the buttons are placed where it is not able to notice you are not going to get any click on that button. The size the bigger the better since it stand outs and you are asking the visitors to do some strong action on the landing page where chances are more than 60 % click on those big buttons. Urgency is what makes people to take action on the page so focus on the call to action on the button for high conversion rate.
7) Pricing:- What most of the affiliate marketers ignore about educating the visitor about the price of the products other related expense occur if they are proceeding with the checkout. Donâ€™t try to hide the price with small fonts and make the visitor to buy the product or service. Make it clear to the visitor on the main landing page that how much it cost and if any additional costs like sales tax or shipping charges. This not only helps you to win the confidence of the visitor as well as increase conversion since the price are prominent next to the call to action either the product image or signup button.
Study shows that most of the online sales are lost on a site due to the lack of implementing the critical element that builds value and trust with your website visitors.