Today there are several social media sites like Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and others that are getting traffic similar to traffic from search engines like Google Yahoo and Bing. But for affiliate marketing does it is going to help to convert into sales?
The social media traffic is good if it is relevant. But useless if it is not relevant. It is a new trend among online marketers to catch on to social media traffic. Also, social media web2.0 websites bring in tons of traffic. Will it be helpful? Since the traditional method of getting traffic is through search engine optimization which takes effort and time or PPC advertisements which also need time to optimize your campaign but also need a lot of money to see the ROI.
Here are some of the best methods to get traffic for affiliate marketing which will convert into sales:-
1) PPC Traffic Traffic from the paid placement will convert better if you have a good landing page, Ad copy, and keywords. One of the reasons it converts better is because People are taken to the right page for what they want. You are driving traffic to the exact page for what the visitor’s search query was. If you are able to do a good job with PPC you can make a killing.
2) Search Engine Optimization Traffic through optimized web pages converts better too since most of the visitors reach the web pages through navigating within the site. Also, most of the visitors coming through search engine traffic are cautious and try to find a good deal with good reviews and comparisons with other products. Still, SEO optimized web pages are good for affiliate marketing the only worry is it takes time as well as you are at the mercy of the search engine algorithm.
3) Email Marketing If you are an affiliate marketer and needs traffic email marketing is a good option but the conversion rate is very poor, but it is fast and cheap. All you need to sell a person is their email ID and send the traffic to the desired product page through that email. As we all know Spam is a big issue in emails, and so many email providers have spam filters. Getting through this spam filters is impossible and automatically your email is sent to the junk folder. Still, there are ways you can get a conversion. Try good Email Marketing services like Aweber who have a double opt-in email capturing technology. You need to capture email information through a squeeze page and create an email list; with this, you will be able to successful.
4) Social Media Marketing Social media converts are a little pathetic since it is not targeted. Â But if done carefully it will be a tremendous success. Since certain social media sites like Myspace and Facebook can target certain demographics and age groups. This is quite interesting since no other traffic can do that.
5) Blogs – Blog traffic can convert but needs to have updated often and affiliate marketing through blogs can be better achieved through reviews of the products. One of the good things about blogs is it is indexed fast and the blogging platform allows people to see fresh content.
6) Article Marketing – This Bum marketing technique is a little old but still, some people rely on this, because they found it to be successful all these years. To build an Affiliate empire through article marketing is hard and takes a long time and but provide good advice and linking to the right product in the resource box can convert better. Article writers are always regarded as an expert in that particular field so; it converts only if you can provide a solution to the visitors for what they are looking for.
7) Offline Ads – Placing ads on newspaper and niche magazine can convert but it conversion is really bad. It takes a lot of money to advertise in magazines and newspapers. One of the best ways to do this strategy is to advertise on certain niche magazine for example in magazines, newsletters, and newspapers which is relevant to your affiliate product.