Usually you will see Christmas decorations in store next to Halloween and Thanks giving products also along side with the back to school products. Study says more than 33% of the Christmas shoppers already started shopping for gifts. So you are planning to start your online you need to do it right now.
Here are the few tips which you need to do for marketing online this Christmas season.
1) Do keyword research and find key phrases related to the holiday theme, I know you won’t be find much search now, but if you have a data of the keywords you used last year you can expand on that and find new keywords as well. Keyword research for Christmas should be your first priority if you are planning a online marketing campaign.
2) Prepare and start setting up you PPC campaign, This will give you a head start in the coming season because you can identify the right keywords working for you and would be able to tweak on the best performance keywords to get maximum results. Setting up your PPC campaign early would help you to focus on your other online efforts during the season, because an early campaign will help you a lot developing and improving your quality score as well as will be ahead of your competitors in the market.
3) Re-optimize your website for search engines, You content may be little old, if you are able to tweak it better do that, also if you are not into Web 2.0 landscape start doing that now by adding web 2.0 designs, Blogs, forums as well as social media networking,
4) Add fresh content to your site with holiday shoppers in mind, Write articles related to Christmas and holidays, ideas and tips for shopping gifts these kinds of articles will help you to get traffic on long tail keywords, which you more targeted traffic.
5) Make sure all your links are ok update your XML sitemaps and html sitemaps which help search engines to index your fresh new added web pages.
6) If there is a new trend which is coming on this holidays focus on that as well, use Google trends which is a free tool which will provide data on the latest trends.
So optimize your site well ahead of your competitors for this holiday season to generate income online.