What is Search Engine Optimization?Search Engine Optimization or SEO is very important for any online business success. The definition of the SEO is optimizing your website for search engine. When you say search engine optimization what comes to your mind is to rank your website for top position on the search engines. If you are looking to make money online SEO is key to it. You can get traffic from all sources but traffic from search engines will make a big difference. As of March 2006 data there are 213 million searches done per day through the following search engines, Google, Yahoo, MSN, AOL, ASK and others. And 60% of the searches are done in Google. This is a huge volume of traffic on the search engines. Every website owner would like to have a piece of the pie.
So many factors goes into Search Engine optimization and among them Anchor text in your links is a very important part. In todayâ€™s post I am going to discuss about the role played by these Anchor text on your website and search engines alike. The power of anchor text is so powerful that you can achieve any results on the web if used correctly.
The definition of Anchor text is the text used to link your website from external WebPages. Suppose I want to rank my blog under â€œmake money onlineâ€ phrase so the links pointing to my blog should have that phrase inside the anchor text. The more links pointing to your blog or website have more changes to rank under that phrase.
If you are a regular reader of blogs related to make money online you might have stumbled upon the infamous blogger John Chow. He utilized the power of Anchor text to maximum potential. He ask his blog readers to link to his website with the keyword phrase â€œmake money onlineâ€ and in return he would link back to their website with a anchor text. This brought him traffic and also was able to rank no1 for Make money online phrase in all search engines. The mistake he did was he asked all bloggers to use the same keyword â€œmake money onlineâ€ this make Google to suspicious about his anchor text is not natural and it is created artificially. This caused John Chowâ€™s blog to drop its ranking. But that didnâ€™t fail him to get visitors since the buzz created by John in the blogsphere his blog is popular and get repeated visitors every day.
There are few things to consider when your anchor text weather it is internal link or external link.
1) Search engine link natural linking than artificial linking â€“ It is like if you ask 10 people to link to your site and all the ten would link to your site in different anchor text if you have not given them a choice. This is what search engine looking for, so try to get your anchor text links have phrase which are close to your industry.
2) Focus on main keywords â€“ Keywords are the door for search engine traffic, when people search for products and services they type in keywords to find them so use the keyword phrases which you think the visitors will type in to find you. Vary your main keyword phrase into different phrase and try to use that in the anchor text.
3) Directory Anchor text â€“ Submitting to directories is very important for any search engine optimization, since a directory link is a free one and a one way link this is crucial for SEO so try to use the main keyword of your business in it.
4) Anchor text embedded within the content â€“ It is always advice able to have the anchor text link embedded within the content. Search engine love the see anchor text surrounded with related keywords. Â
5) Anchor Text increase the relevancy of the targeted page – Note that the keywords inside the anchor text link increases the relevance of the targeted page pertaining to the keyword phrases used.
The bottom line is when ever you link internally or externally always use main keyword phrases to link.Â