Web metrics is key to understand who your customers are, where the web traffic is coming from and what kind of traffic is converting and increase sales of your products and services of your website. Without Analytics you would be wasting your high value marketing dollars into water after all your efforts to optimize your website and increasing traffic to your website.
There are several benefits a web analytics installed to your website:
1) Analytics will give you a detailed metrics of your website of each visitor so that you can focus on certain areas of your website which needs improvements.
2) It will allow you to track conversion rate and possibly increase that after analysis the metrics of your website.
3) Allow you to track all your marketing effort weather it is email marketing or search engine marketing based on data you receive from the analytics you can plan your marketing efforts.
4) Business decision can be made using the stats of your website to focus on which area of the business needs attention.
5) Allows you to see which area of the world you are getting traffic and the reason for that and improve that traffic to convert more.
6) Understand the kind of browsers and operating system the visitors are using to reach your website which allows you to create the website compatible with all these browsers and OS platforms.
7) Click path tracking of your website which is more likely to convert into a sale, membership or subscribers.
8) Determine the upwards and downwards trends of the products you are selling and divert the attention when it needs it.
9) Analytics allows you to identify referring sources of traffic from other websites and which one converts better and keep that traffic coming from those profitable referrals.
10) Website metrics allows you to measure do all sorts of traffic weather it is paid advertisements, free, directories and also offline marketing efforts.
The bottom-line is analytics will allow you to real time analysis of visitors interaction on your website can make changes to increase profits and sales.