If you are a blogger your main concern would be traffic and if your site is new you need to get traffic immediately to last long on the blogsphere. If there is no traffic or visitors to your blog the chances of earning an income through blogging is slim.
In the last two years blogging has caught up fast among online marketers as well and budding young online entrepreneurs. Most of the people who started blogging recently has either abundant the blog or struggling hard to get traffic to their blog. It is a nightmare for bloggers if they don’t get the desired traffic. Â There are some of the strategies you can use to get some traffic immediately
1) Writing comments on other bloggers blog â€“ This is a tedious work where you need to comment on other bloggers posts in your niche. The effect of this technique is visitors to these blogs will notice your blog and visit them. If your posts are interesting to them they may revisit. You wonâ€™t find tones of traffic but you might get some visitors also it helps search engine to get index your blog. Not a great idea but still worth the effort.
2) Volume Blogging â€“ Even this technique not that easy but sure you can tons of traffic through this. Volume blogging means write blog posts as much you can for at least a period of time. All your blog posts need to have at least 500-750 words and should talk about what is in your niche. If you can write 10 posts a day for atleast 4-6 months. The amount of blog post on your would be anywhere between 1200 to 1800 pages of content. If you use these technique there is no need of writing comments on other bloggers posts, spiders will find you. There is a very interesting post about volume blogging in one of doshdosh.com post. Check it out.
3) Contest â€“ Start you own contest and get featured in different bloggers blog posts. Starting a contest is the best way to get back links; it also builds authority and get viral and free publicity. The whole idea of a contest on your blog is to increase traffic and create interest in your readers. When you start a contest on your blog your goal should be to get maximum links from relevant bloggers and traffic to your site, signup for your newsletter subscription. What ever the price your planning is up to you. If you offer higher prices you can get top bloggers review about you. Or else could be a link back from your site.
4) Reviews â€“ Get reviewed your blog by other bloggers for a fee. Programs like reviewme, pay per post and sponsored review are some of the sites which can generate traffic to your blog. This technique can be quite expensive if you want your blog reviewed by A-list bloggers. I advice you to reviews by bloggers who get some good traffic. The key for blog reviews is the timing suppose there is something special going on your blog would be right time for reviews which will add fuel to the fire. This can generate viral effect and get tons of blog traffic.
5) Promote in forums â€“ This could be tedious work but still worth it. You need to start a thread which is interesting and try to keep the thread live and active for a while. This could spike instant traffic and all the people looking at the thread discussion can be your readers and visitors to your blog. This strategy is not that easy you need patience and idea if you want this to work.
6)Â Â Â Â Article writing â€“ This is an age old techniques used by all internet marketers to promote their websites. This still holds good it done correctly. The key for blog traffic using this strategy is submitted to unlimited number of article directories. This you will have to do for a while until you get some steady traffic.Â Â This idea is not bad but need to be done correctly with good interesting articles.Â
The bottom line is try to get expose to your blog from all different platform, weather it is, forum, review or articles. The key is blog traffic.